Gates Computer Training Lab
The Gates Computer Training Lab is open for scheduled workshops and lab practice sessions only. Workshop schedules and registration forms are available at the Library's Circulation desk.
Cyber Corner is open to the public, except for scheduled library closings.
Laptops are now available for use in the Library Adult areas. Laptops are equipped with Wireless Internet and can access the Library's WiFi signal providing up to 5mb internet speed. No software should be installed or saved to laptops, but a USB drive can be used if you have one.
Cyber Corner Rules
• Mount Vernon Library Patrons and other Westchester County Residents must have a valid library card, in their name, for computer access.
• The Library will issue guest passes to those patrons with ID who do not live in Westchester County.
• Please sign up with your library card at the sign-up computer.
• You may have one hour of time. If you would like to extend your time and there is no one waiting, please ask at the circulation desk for assistance. If there is a wait, you may sign up again for a later time. There is no daily limit on the amount of time you can sign up for on the computers.
• You may make copies from the computers. Black and white copies are .15 cents each and color copies are .35 cents each. You may also save your documents to a flash drive. Flash drives are available for $8.00 at the circulation desk.
• Earbuds must be worn to listen to music and videos. Earbuds are available for $2.00 at the circulation desk.
• Sound must be kept at normal levels and cannot be loud enough to hear by other users.
• You may not install any software or files on the computers.
• Users must follow the Mount Vernon Code of Conduct and the Internet Policy when using library computers.
• One user per computer.